Please see below statement from Lesley Brown regarding the school closure as of Friday 20th March 2020.
Families with a child born between 1 March 2017 and 28 February 2018 are being encouraged to enrol their child in nursery before 6 March 2020 for 2020/21.
Older children, or those who have not yet registered for an early learning and childcare place, should also register by this date.
To register for a place:
• Visit www.eastlothian.gov.uk/nurseryenrolment and find out about the different options available in council nursery settings from August 2020.
• Download a nursery registration form from the website.
• Complete the form and take it to your preferred (first) choice nursery. You should also take your child’s birth certificate.
• If you are choosing a blend of more than one provider, apply to your council nursery first and then speak to your funded provider – private nursery, childminder or community group – about what hours you would like from them.
• Make sure your application is in before 6 March 2020. Applications will still be accepted after this date, but they will not be considered in the first allocation process. Please get in touch with the Early Years and Childcare team if you have any questions or you can’t register by 6 March 2020.
01620 827872/01620 828786/ 01620 820186
The report from the recent school review is now available to read under “School Policies and Reports” tab, or by clicking here.
Nominate your school for an entry in the prize draw to win £5,000. The more nominations your school has, the more chances of your school winning, so pass the details on to parents and your community. Schools from Glasgow and Dundee have won so why not East Lothian! More details including a poster and entry forms are available from the website at https://www.nationalbooktokens.com/schools
The closing date is the 31st July 2019.
If you would like to order school uniforms with the school logo please go to this site to order directly from the suppliers.
On Tuesday 1st of October P4-7 went on a trip to Sky Academy Studios, we watched an introduction for what we would be doing .We were set the task of making a short trailer for a film where someone had lost their wallet, we were put into three teams/groups. In my team there was: me ,Poppy, Katie ,Reece ,Dair and Angus.
Katie was the actress, Poppy was the producer, Reece was the director, Dair was the editor, Angus was the special effects and I was the cinematographer .
After that we got to watch them all in a special cinema room. They were all really good . When we had done all that, the teacher was handed some USB wrist bands. We got to keep the lanyards as well, we had our lunch then went home.