Please click on the link for information regarding the P1 Enrolment for August 2023 https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/p1-enrolment . This link contains information for parents/carers about the P1 enrolment process for those children age-eligible to start P1 in August 2023. A P1 enrolment information sheet for Parents/Carers is also attached per the link below.
The online P1 enrolment form on the East Lothian Council website will be ‘live’ until Monday 28 November 2022
Active Schools still have some spaces available for their FREE football club at Ross High on Tuesday. This club is run by our train coach Lewis who works with the Football Development team at Meadowmill. This is a great block of sport to get pupils an opportunity to participate in high quality football coaching.
Sign up is available here:
Suitable for all age groups P1-7
Active School Coordinator – Tranent Cluster
- The school office will be closed from 12pm on Friday October 14th until Tuesday 25th October, and the school absence line will not be staffed during this time. Tuesday 25th is an in-service day – school and nursery are closed to pupils. School and Nursery will resume as normal on Wednesday 26th
- Please make sure you have told us of any changes to your contact details.
- Please ensure you have booked your child’s lunches in SchoolPay before Monday 17th October 2022, for days your child is attending.
- Friday October 21st is a Friday for the Monday/Tuesday group – please bear this in mind if you need to order a lunch for that day.
- When schools are closed during holiday periods, our Centre Manger, Danielle Sackree is the lead in our nursery setting. As always, the first point of contact is the nursery staff to support you with any initial questions or queries you may have, but if you need to speak to our Centre Manager, the nursery staff will put you in touch.
If you have told us you intend to send your child to nursery during the period mentioned above, staffing has been put in place for them. If your child does not attend, a member of nursery attendance staff will contact you to find out the reason for absence. Please let us know in advance (if possible) if your child will be absent
Please see Open Evening invite from RHS attached. There has been a change in date due to some clashes.
It will now take place on Wednesday 12th October 2022.
As you may be aware from our resent newsletter Sanderson’ s Wynd Nursery were hoping to open their doors for all parents and carers to drop in to our stay and play sessions taken place on the 7th October (Monday/Tuesday Cohort) and 14th October (Wednesday/Thursday Cohort) 10.30am-11.30am.
With children starting with us throughout August and September it has taken some children longer than ours to setting into the nursery environment. In order for us to provide the best transition period for all our children we would like to move our stay and play sessions to the beginning of November.
New Stay and Play Session dates:
Friday – 4th November (Monday/Tuesday Cohort ) 10.30am-11.30am
Friday – 11th November (Wednesday/Thursday Cohort) 10.30am-11.30am
During these sessions you will get the opportunity to look round the nursery/ play with your child and see their Learning Stories to date.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you all in the nursery very soon.
Early Years Centre Manager
East Lothian Council
As you know Sanderson’s Wynd Nursery is open during the October week from Monday 17 – Friday 21 October 2022, when the schools are closed. During this time, your child will be able to attend on their usual days, either Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday plus the allocated Friday sessions.
Please use the link below to confirm your child’s nursery attendance during the October week by Wednesday 28 September 2022. If you are not using all the sessions you should complete the October absence section selecting the days your child will not attend. You should consider this carefully as you may not be able to change sessions after this date.
You may have already informed us that your child will not attend when the schools are closed. However we have had a number of parents/carers requesting that children now attend, as they have settled into the nursery routine or other commitments change. Therefore, we request that you follow the link below to confirm you will not use any of the sessions or that you would now wish you child to attend.
During the October week, normal attendance protocols are in place and you should report any absence. You should note that you will be contacted by a member of staff if your child is expected to attend and you have not reported the absence.
Early Learning and Childcare Placements
Resources and People Services, East Lothian Council, John Muir House, Haddington, East Lothian, EH41 3HA
Link to Parents Portal:
“Now live: Parents Portal, a new way for parents to access information on their children, interact with their schools and easily access other school services. Parents can now access the Portal by using the same myaccount login (which is used for SchoolPay) to update parent and child details, report absences, access SchoolPay, apply for free travel for 5 – 11 year olds and much more. Over time, more services will be available. For more information on how parents can log into the Parents Portal and “link” to their children, go to: www.eastlothian.gov.uk/parents-portal .
When accessing the Portal for the first time, users are shown how to “link” to their children. Sometimes this is not successful on the first try. As a way to help any users who are having problems linking to their children, there is an attached guide detailing most of the common problems and how to resolve these. As a quick reference, please check these steps as common reasons for not being able to link:
For parents details not matching, check the following:
- Parents forename field and surname fields don’t match. For example, the use of nicknames, middle names, initials, titles. Please make sure the name on your myaccount is the same as what is in the school records.
- Myaccount has been registered in the name of the child, not the parent. Please ensure the myaccount is registered in the parent’s name.
- Address doesn’t match. Please ensure your myaccount address is the same as what is in the school records. If it is different, it needs to be updated.
- Address data doesn’t match as it has been formatted differently. Please update your address in Myaccount by entering the postcode and select the address from the list. If you manually enter your address it may not match what is held in the school records.
- Home address has been given a name but as it’s not registered the address doesn’t match. For example, you have entered Rose Cottage, High Street but the registered address is 12 High Street in the school data. Please check to make sure the myaccount data matches the school records.
For child details not matching, check the following:
- Check you’ve used their correct forename and not a nickname. For example, Christopher/Chris or Alexandra/Alex.
- The forename field SHOULD also include any middle names
- Be careful entering the date of birth – if that’s wrong, it won’t link
- Make sure you’re entering their address details correctly. Please enter the postcode and select the address from the list.
If you are still having problems linking with your child(ren), please raise a helpdesk ticket with our helpdesk team. To do this go to the “Help” section at the foot of the following Parents Portal login page:
This week, some schools in our cluster are working with Stephen Graham, a literacy specialist who is visiting the authority from Australia, to support the teaching of Literacy in schools.
As part of this work, there will be an online session hosted on date via Google Meet. Here, Stephen will share his work with you and speak to you about supporting Literacy, including reading, at home.
For those who cannot make it, the session will be recorded and shared at a later date.
This online event can be accessed via the google meet link below:
Supporting Literacy at Home – Tranent Cluster
Thursday, 8 September · 6:30 – 8:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/dtt-wqus-fzi
As you know Sanderson’s Wynd Nursery is open during the summer period from Monday 4 July – Friday 12 August 2022, when the schools are closed. During this time, your child will be able to
attend on their usual days, either Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday plus the allocated Friday sessions.
- If you have told us (or the NAMS team, when you accepted your place) that you intend to send your child to nursery during [holiday], we do expect your child to attend and staffing has been put in place for this. If your child does not attend, someone will be in touch regarding your child’s absence.
- If your child is unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating which nursery your child attends, the reason for the absence, and when they will return or phone the nursery mobile number 07718662056.
- Please make sure you have told us of any changes to your contact details.
- Please ensure you have booked your child’s lunches in SchoolPay before Monday 4 July 2022, for days your child is attending.
- During the school holidays centre managers are the responsible person when a Head teacher is absent.
Lastly please do not phone the school number, leave messages, or email the admin and absences mailboxes from Monday 4th July – Friday 12th August 2022 as the school office is not manned during the holidays. The nurseries are also shut on Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th August.