VE Day commemoration
Friday 8 May marks the 75th anniversary of VE Day. Following public consultation it was designated as an additional day’s holiday in East Lothian recognising families’ desire to commemorate this historic occasion. While the current Covid restrictions mean that gatherings or services are not possible, there are still ways to mark the occasion in a safe and socially distanced way.
The Royal British Legion has published a timetable of activities for the day itself where the nation can commemorate VE Day within the current guidelines including a 2 minute silence at 11am and a doorstep ‘Toast to the Nation’ at 3pm.
PoppyScotland’s website has some great ideas and resources if families wish to talk to their children about VE Day or undertake any learning as part of it.
For more information visit: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/news/article/13225/ve_day_75th_anniversary
P7 Transition Letter
Dear P7 pupil
My name is Mr Reynolds and I am the very proud Head Teacher of Ross High School.
I just wanted to write to you, to reassure you all, that we are working closely with your primary schools to ensure we have plans in place for you moving to Ross High School when schools start up again.
I can assure you that planning for the new S1 arriving at RHS is a main priority for us. Ross High School prides itself on being a caring community. Our mission statement ‘Excellence for Everyone’ shows clearly that every single child is important to all of us at Ross High. We really care about our students and their families and will work hard to make sure you all receive a warm and well-planned welcome to the school when this is possible.
In the meantime, you may be interested in obtaining some more school information and I have summarised this below
- We have lots of information on our school website www.edubuzz.org/rosshigh/ On here you will be able to see all the things to look forward to when you eventually join the Ross High school community.
- Last year Our Junior Leadership Team made a transition video which you make like to watch https://youtu.be/_zH3ANp6g_Y
- We are a school which loves to Tweet! You can follow the school account (@rosshigh) or my Head Teacher account (@MrReynoldsRHSHT) and these will give you an insight into our community. There are many others too with each department having their own Twitter account celebrating the success of our pupils. Don’t worry if you don’t have Twitter – lots of our tweets are automatically put on our website so you can see them there.
As I said at the beginning I am very proud to be the Head Teacher of such a great school. I very much look forward to seeing you all in Ross in due course and getting to know each and every one of you. Please do stay safe at this time. It will all be over soon enough. I am excited to the day we can meet in person.
Best wishes to you all
Nursery enrolment: Enrol your child by 6 March 2020
Families with a child born between 1 March 2017 and 28 February 2018 are being encouraged to enrol their child in nursery before 6 March 2020 for 2020/21.
Older children, or those who have not yet registered for an early learning and childcare place, should also register by this date.
To register for a place:
- Visit www.eastlothian.gov.uk/nurseryenrolment and find out about the different options available in council nursery settings from August 2020.
- Download a nursery registration form from the website.
- Complete the form and take it to your preferred (first) choice nursery. You should also take your child’s birth certificate.
- If you are choosing a blend of more than one provider, apply to your council nursery first and then speak to your funded provider – private nursery, childminder or community group – about what hours you would like from them.
- Make sure your application is in before 6 March 2020. Applications will still be accepted after this date, but they will not be considered in the first allocation process. Please get in touch with the Early Years and Childcare team if you have any questions or you can’t register by 6 March 2020.
It is this years “Understanding Our School” evening on Tuesday 24th of September. P6 and P7 parents are welcome to attend 5:30-8pm evening at Ross High! More info at rosshigh.co.uk and Twitter. Thanks
NEW POSTER.docx 2019