Please click the link below to view the Warn and inform letter sent out to all parents of children who attend the mainstream nursery @SWPS.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or NHS inform.
SWPS Nursery Team.
Please click on the link for information regarding the P1 Enrolment for August 2023 https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/p1-enrolment . This link contains information for parents/carers about the P1 enrolment process for those children age-eligible to start P1 in August 2023. A P1 enrolment information sheet for Parents/Carers is also attached per the link below.
The online P1 enrolment form on the East Lothian Council website will be ‘live’ until Monday 28 November 2022
Active Schools still have some spaces available for their FREE football club at Ross High on Tuesday. This club is run by our train coach Lewis who works with the Football Development team at Meadowmill. This is a great block of sport to get pupils an opportunity to participate in high quality football coaching.
Sign up is available here:
Suitable for all age groups P1-7
Active School Coordinator – Tranent Cluster
It is at the green space between the library and Lindores Drive so close to the school.
ELPA Pop Up Play
SPARK PARK – explore, linger, play
Sunday 16th and Monday 17th October
11am – 3pm
Find us at the green space between the Library and Lindores Drive, Tranent
There will be loose parts play, park art, storytelling, den building, conker championships and more!
Everyone welcome – fun, free, friendly
No need to book – just drop in!
You may remember that we recently invited all schools in Scotland to take part in our #FireworkSafety competition to raise awareness of how to #BeSafeBeKindBeSmart in the lead up to Bonfire Night.
We were delighted to receive over 350 entries from schools across Scotland. There were so many fantastic entries that it was incredibly difficult to pick just two winners.
Congratulations to…… Layla C from Lawmuir Primary School and St Modan’s High School’s autism provision class!
- The school office will be closed from 12pm on Friday October 14th until Tuesday 25th October, and the school absence line will not be staffed during this time. Tuesday 25th is an in-service day – school and nursery are closed to pupils. School and Nursery will resume as normal on Wednesday 26th
- Please make sure you have told us of any changes to your contact details.
- Please ensure you have booked your child’s lunches in SchoolPay before Monday 17th October 2022, for days your child is attending.
- Friday October 21st is a Friday for the Monday/Tuesday group – please bear this in mind if you need to order a lunch for that day.
- When schools are closed during holiday periods, our Centre Manger, Danielle Sackree is the lead in our nursery setting. As always, the first point of contact is the nursery staff to support you with any initial questions or queries you may have, but if you need to speak to our Centre Manager, the nursery staff will put you in touch.
If you have told us you intend to send your child to nursery during the period mentioned above, staffing has been put in place for them. If your child does not attend, a member of nursery attendance staff will contact you to find out the reason for absence. Please let us know in advance (if possible) if your child will be absent