We have recently been thinking about which season it is and some of the signs we might see when it is winter. One of the signs we have been noticing is that lots of ice has been forming in many different places, here are some of the places we have found it :
- Mrs Hippe has found it on the inside of her car windows.
- Mrs Wilson has found it on her car, in pots and containers in her garden
- Mrs Flockhart has found it in her flower tubs and can see it on top of her shed
- Mrs MacArthur found the water in their bird bath frozen
- Mrs Blair has found it in her garden pond
- Mrs Martin has found it on her car window
Have you found any ice anywhere?
Today’s Challenge is:
- find out how ice is made
- make your own ice – inside or outside
- find out what happens when it melts – can you predict how long it will take
- what could you do to make ice melt quicker
Let us know how you get on.
For an extra challenge click on the link below to try out a scavenger hunt from the Woodland Trust .