We have been really busy over the last few weeks at nursery and we wanted to share the children’s learning with you. We are currently focusing on.
Health and Wellbeing
- supporting children to become familiar with the setting
- establishing snack and lunch routines
- developing sharing skills
- talking about rules that we need to follow
- continuing with signalong for returning children
- introducing signalong to new children, the first two signs will be for hello and toilet
- listening to stories, texts and other media
- encouraging children to share what they like or dislike about a story
- singing songs and rhymes
- experimenting with mark making
- opportunities for mark making and explaining what the writing means
Numeracy and Mathematics
- introducing name cards and supporting children to recognise their own name
- matching and sorting
- recognition of numbers
- saying forward and backward number sequences
- introducing brief gymtime within the nursery room
- learning about what happens to our bodies when we exercise
As a result of the children’s interests we now have:
- an ice cream shop and a McDonald’s Drive Thru (Wed/Thurs)
- a variety of materials and resources to extend children’s role play
- different loose parts/materials to allow for the development of schematic play (lots of interest in transporting)
- farm small world ( the children are particularly interested in animals, tractors and harvest Mon/Tues)
- a refurbished bug hotel in the garden called Hotel Transylvania
Songs we are singing
Books we are reading and looking at:
Elephants and Giraffes
Monkeys and Tigers
Hello to all our returning families and a warm welcome to our new families. It is great to see all the children at nursery filling it up with laughter, smiles, chatter and activity.
Usually parents and carers are able to find out a lot of information about what goes on in nursery when they come in and out of our setting however unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. We believe it is still very important for you to be able to access all the same information therefore we are going to be updating the website on a regular basis. We will be using the website as our main form of communicating with parents and/or carers about everyday happenings.
You will be able to find out about the following and more:
- the staff team
- our vision, values and aims
- the set up of the nursery
- snack menus
- the children’s learning
- picture gallery
- the nursery blog
We would also like to remind you that we firmly believe in an open door policy, however circumstances make this slightly more difficult at the moment. So although you may not be able to come through the door do not let that stop you from raising anything with us. You can get in contact with us in the following ways:
You may also speak to us at drop off or pick up time however you will appreciate that this is not always possible in which case we will ask you to give us a call.
The Nursery Team
Here is a holiday reminder:
September weekend 2020
It is fantastic to see children back in nursery, filling it with smiles, laughter and activity. Our returning children are coping so well with all the changes we have had to implement in our setting and we are extremely proud of them all.
A big thank you to our new families who braved the wind and the rain last Friday for their enrolment visit . We were so pleased to meet you all.
The nursery received a wonderful surprise from our friends at Florabank wishing us well with the new school year.
Thank you to everyone at Florabank. 😀