There are four seasons in the year, do you what the season it is now ?
Sadly we are unable to welcome you back to nursery in person however we are pleased to welcome you back virtually.
Look out for an email that will be coming soon from nursery with important information including a link to our new website page. In the meantime we thought we would start our nursery posts off in 2021 with one of our favourites ‘ Question of the Day ‘.
Do recognise this garden visitor?
Health and Wellbeing
- learning how to keep safe in different situations eg in the dark, around fireworks or outside
- learning about who can help me when I do not feel safe
- continue learning sign a long , the signs for this fortnight are sorry and toilet
- continue learning about the different parts of a book 📚
- continue learning to recognise the difference between pictures and words in familiar stories
- learning to become comfortable when using a pencil to enable me to use it effectively
- continue mark making and drawing pictures whilst telling my own story about them
- learning about the different features of text through the sharing of books e.g reading words from left to right
- exploring and playing with patterns of sound in language through singing songs and clapping games
Mathematics and Numeracy
- learning about the link between routines and events in my world with times and seasons
- talking about what happens in different seasons
- sequencing numerals to at least 10
- recognising numerals to at least 10
- continue learning to work out the number word after and before
In response to the children’s interest we will provide
- twigs, leaves and other seasonal materials at gluing area
- fluorescent paints
- nocturnal animals in small world area 🦔 🐿️🦇🦉
- continue exploring the topic of Autumn