We had two groups out this morning using maps to find their way around the Benmore Gardens area.
– How to read a map of Tranent and the Benmore Gardens.
– What scale is.
– How to measure the time it will take you to get somewhere: Distance divided by Speed.
– How to read a key.
– How to tell what direction we are facing.
– That you need to take your time reading the map before you begin your journey.
– MOST IMPORTANTLY: That we can all read maps and we don’t need to rely on Sat Nav!
Have a look at the children in action.
Orienteering on PhotoPeach