On Monday we went to P.E. We were in groups passing a ball and the group with the most points won! Group 1 won.
On Tuesday we went to assembly and we had head teacher and class teacher awards! Lucas Jolly got a certificate from Miss O’Connell and Calum got the head teachers medal.
On Wednesday we made Fruit Kebabs and wrote instructions for how to make them. Anna thought that the fruit kebabs were delicious. Jack thought the juice of the grapes was good. Declan got 50 House Points from Mrs McDonald for his instructions.
On Thursday at swimming we got to go in the deep end and we got to break the rules a bit by doing a cannonball into the pool! Eevayne was a bit nervous at first but the rest of the group encouraged her and she thought it was really fun. Heidi did it without a noodle!
We painted pictures of Aladdin which we designed.
We had lots of people passing their Spelling Elephants this week. Well done everybody!!
On Tuesday playground pals started and lots of our class have been picked for playground pals. Andrew, Hannah, Annfell and Declan started this week!
On Wednesday we went on a trip to Tesco called ‘Farm to Fork’. We each got to make the most amazing pizza! We wore chef hats and aprons. We worked with a partner and you had to find which country different foods came from. Jack and Lucas found a chestnut mushroom from East Lothian, they were surprised! Owen and Mark found mangos from Isreal. Finlay and Logan found pomegranate from Jamaica! We all had lots of fun. We also got to go in the fridge and freezer. It was minus 20 in the freezer!
On Thursday at swimming we got float on our backs. Heidi thought swimming was really fun when we tried to swim on our backs. Star swimmers this week were Bailey, Andrew and Logan Taylor.
We have had a excellent first full week in Primary 4.
On Monday, we got our new Home Teams. We have all been working hard to earn dojos for our team. We wonder who will be the winning team???
We had music with Mrs Mailer and P.E with Miss Borthwick. Joe learned about beat and rhythm. Heidi thought Miss Borthwick was fun!
On Tuesday, we had our first school assembly. We met Mrs Johnson and she did some maths with us. She also read the Twits to us. Abbie thought Mrs Johnson was a very nice teacher.
On Wednesday, we wrote summer poems using our sense and we did some music with Miss O’Connell. We also did French and Lucas Jolly enjoyed playing bingo!
On Thursday, we went swimming at the Loch Centre and we had very good fun. We played a game called traffic lights. It was funny when we went under water for BUMP! We also did painting of our poem pictures!
We have learned a new song called the ‘Lollipop Song’.
– This week there has been a mathletics competition so we have all been trying to do lots of quizzes to get points. On Thursday we went to help the primary 1s with mathletics. We helped them log on and do some quizzes.
– We have been practising lots for our school show and Ayden and Eilidh think it was their favourite thing this week. Get your tickets soon if you want to see us perform!
– On Thursday morning we went to help the nursery with their reading and read for 30minutes in the Eco Garden. Caleb and Ryan thought it was really fun.
– Yesterday we went out to play rounders because it was such a nice day. We hope you have been enjoying the sun!
– Yesterday we also had a fun music lesson with Mrs Payne!