I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying the snow ⛄️
I wanted to let everyone know that if you had a Talk and Tell session booked for Wednesday or Thursday of this week and have missed it due to the snow storm, that I will be in touch with you next week to rearrange your appointment. You will not miss out on your Talk and Tell time, it will just be at a different time.
Stay safe and warm and I shall see you next week.
Had to share this lovely email that I’ve received from Jane who was our leader during our visit today:
What a busy week we’ve had in P1……. Mrs Carlyle has been checking that we know all our sounds and can read tricky words.
- We are learning all about sentences and how to make a sensible one.
- We are also learning to tell the time : o’clock and half past
- Lots of learning about Space, the planets and gravity.
We all enjoyed our trip to Dynamic Earth…. here’s a photo
and today we celebrated World Book Day as we were away yesterday…..
Have a lovely weekend
from Primary 1
Happy New Year!
The children have settled back into school really well.
Isla S says that we must keep reading as we are learning lots of new words…….. Mrs Carlyle is happy that we are bringing our reading books to school every day.
In numeracy Isla M says that we have been guessing the amount of cubes then counting and checking to see if we are correct.
Alyssia is learning ‘Roguey, Poguey’ as her Burns poem……. we need to practise lots as we are going to read them to our Buddies on Burns Day.
Here is our home learning for next week…..
Have a nice weekend
From Primary 1
Shining stars in Primary 1 this week……….
- had our photographs taken, Mrs Carlyle thinks we all have lovely smiles!!,
- Class Dojos go live on Monday, the children are so excited.
- Our P7 Buddies made sure we knew the correct direction of reading and writing.
Esmae says that ‘we have to make sure we put our numbers the right way round
Daniel mentioned three sounds: f, e, l that we have been learning this week.
Ben K loves mathletics! Everyone tried to use their username and password to get in.
Lucy loved learning about Environmental Print.
Isla M says that using Freddy Fingers are so important to help us make words.
Home Learning next week…..
- sounds u and b
- collect pieces of environmental print for our class display, for example: cereal packets. This will help us read…….
Have a lovely weekend – Stay Safe
Love from Primary 1