The Scottish Government reports on a Dyslexia Summit hosted by the First Minister and Sir Jackie Stewart in the Scottish Parliament on Tuesday 29 January.Dyslexia should not be allowed to limit any child’s success First Minister Alex Salmond said, as the Deans of Scottish Universities involved in Initial Teacher Education agreed a joint action plan to make education more inclusive.
The action plan, agreed at the Dyslexia Summit will see:
- Development of A Framework for Inclusion, setting out the skills, abilities and values required for student teachers and teachers to support pupils with additional support needs
- Development of guidance relating to specific issues such as dyslexia
- Development of teaching materials to support teacher training
- A review of post-graduate opportunities available to reflect the ideas agreed in the Framework for Inclusion
- Improved collaboration between universities.