Watch the clip and think about Gavin Reid’s Checklist:
- Have small steps been used?
- Are the sentences short?
- Is the vocabulary easy to understand?
- Have visuals been used?
- Has large print been used?
- Is the font style appropriate?
- Has enough attention been given to presentation?
- Are there opportunities for self-monitoring and self-correction?
- Are the tasks within the child’s comfort zone?
Are we doing enough to ensure that our learners with dyslexia are thinking, doing, learning and being all they can?