The Bump to Breastfeeding DVD is free to all pregnant women in Scotland. Simply ask your midwife if you haven’t already been given a copy.
Th following are all clips are taken from the DVD. They follow real mothers, the common challenges they faced when breastfeeding and how they dealt with them. Many new mothers have found the Bump to Breastfeeding clips helpful and informative about the realities of breastfeeding, putting them at ease about any challenges they may face.
- How to get a good position for feeding
- Skin to skin and rooting behaviour
- Colostrum and early feeds
- Feeding cues and attachment
- Partner supporting breastfeeding 1
- Partner supporting breastfeeding 2
- Graphic of baby attaching
- Out and about
- Sore nipples and mastitis
The DVD includes subtitled English, British Sign Language, Urdu, Bengali, Somali and Polish options. The clips are now also available on the Ready Steady Baby! website in Polish, Urdu and Bengali as well as English.