This programme has been developed to support the more vulnerable nursery children of Cockenzie and Prestonpans Infants Schools and their families as they move into P1. It is aimed at supporting children who fall into one or more of these categories
- at risk of non attendance
- have additional support needs
- are in families facing stress or asking for additional support
- are in private nurseries and don’t know many other children coming into P1and are unfamiliar with school settings
- The programme will consist of 3 play and learning sessions, led by a group of staff, for identified families who have agreed to take part. It will include a Family Learning funday at Pilton Retreat Centre in Ratho. We will invite 25 of the 135 families starting in Prestonpans P1 and 10 families from Cockenzie Primary this year to participate in the programme. We anticipate 75% uptake.We are offereing the programme on a targeted basis this year as the numbers of families are so great, we couldn’t manage to support all families to be part of this programme.