We have a small number of breastfeeding resource boxes available in Health Promotion. These were originally developed for East Lothian schools and designed to be implemented as part of the Curriculum for Excellence. We would like these boxes to go to school settings where they can be used/delivered as part of the Curriculum or, alternatively as a resource to support conversations with children/families i.e. at Early Years Centre’s.
The boxes include resources such as:
- Breastfeeding and infant feeding story books
- Images of breastfeeding women in different settings (these are used as conversation tools around culture and social barriers to breastfeeding and normalising this method of feeding)
- Infants tummy size balls (these are useful for conversations around the size of a newborns tummy and how much breastmilk/formula they require)
- Feeding mammals (soft toys that demonstrate mothers feeding their babies as normal feeding method – these are useful for educating younger children)
- Board games (around healthy eating and the eatwell plate)
If you would either like a box or to discuss further, please contact me on (Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org) or 0131 537 9266