On Thursday 20th October, NHS Lothian will be running an ‘Introduction to Sexual Health and Wellbeing’ course at Liberton Hospital, Edinburgh.
The aim of the course is to introduce basic information about relationships, sexual health and wellbeing, and to provide a space for participants to consider the wider influences on sexual health. Across Lothian great importance is placed upon the need for people to receive consistent messages about sexual health and wellbeing. This course is underpinned by a clear value base and the Lothian key messages.
Participants will have the opportunity to gain:
- an improved understanding of the holistic nature of sexual health
- an increased understanding of the role of positive relationships
- an increased understanding of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- increased knowledge of the different types of contraception available
- increased knowledge of how to raise the issue of sexual health and relationships
- increased awareness of current legislation relating to sexual health.
This course is aimed at people working with any age group in the statutory or voluntary sector who require some basic information on sexual health and wellbeing to help them work more effectively in their current post or volunteering role, or those who require a refresher course to update their knowledge.
If you would like to register for a place please use this link before the deadline on Friday 7th October