Nature Play and Nurture CPD for Early Years
Aimed at Nursery and Early Years Staff, Nature Play and Nurture is a short course in using the outdoors as an environment for nurture, play and exploration. Three days (9am–3pm) of hands on training by two experienced forest school / kindergarten leaders and a ½ days observation of a Nature Play and Nurture programme.
This course is free to East Lothian practitioners.
Course venue: to be confirmed
Session 1 Friday, 20th September 2013, 9am–3pm,
Session 2 Friday, 4th October 2013 9am – 3pm
Session 3 Friday, 8th November 2013 9am – 3pm
plus one observation visit on one of the following : Tuesday am 3, 10, 17, 24 September, 1, 22, 29 October, 5 November
Course aims for participants to
- explore and (re)connect with the benefits of Nature Play
- understand the affordance (or action possibilities) of natural environments
- feel confident to lead Nature Play sessions for your learners
- feel inspired to incorporate more Nature Play into provision
- find ways to overcome barriers to incorporating Nature Play sesions within your nursery provision
- to look at incorporating Nature Play and Nurture opportunities within nursery grounds and linking to indoors
To book this course please complete the linked form and return to: Pauline McLaren, Room 2.17, John Muir House, Haddington, East Lothian. EH41 3HA Or E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tea coffee and biscuits will be provided. Participants should bring a packed lunch. Participants will be provided with a course folder and notes, and are advised to bring pen, paper and camera.