May Right of the Month
Article 31 (leisure, play and culture): Every child has the right to relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.
As well as exploring this right in assembly and our classrooms we held our annual May Day of play this month. Lots of fun, learning, and mess was had by all!
Play is so important for all of us. Here are some of the reasons why…..
- It’s good to have fun and relax.
- Some play is good for exercise.
- It can help you get on with people and make friends.
- You might learn to take turns and to share.
- It can help your education and learning.
- It can help your mental health.
- Play can help you to imagine and be creative.
- It’s one of the rights children have.