GoMotorsport is a branch of the Motor Sports Association, the governing body of motorsports in the UK. Scotland’s Regional Development Officer, Alison Clark, is now taking bookings for school visits for the 2013-14 term.
The presentation is aimed at P4 upwards, and includes:
- An introduction to motorsport
- Scotland’s successes
- What disciplines children age 8+ can participate in
- The differences between a rally car and family car
- Construction and design: the effect of weight on performance
- The opportunity to sit in and examine a rally car
This will last for at least an hour.
If your school is planning to include Transport or Cars as a topic next year, this is a perfect tie-in. This is a free service. Alison will also provide the pupils with a token goodie-bag.
Alison Clark can be contacted on email@example.com, or telephone 01576 202953 (h) and 07950 914433