STEM and industry awareness are a key aspect for secondary school students.
The Engineering Development Trust are the biggest deliverer of STEM (science, technology, engineering, maths) activities for schools in Scotland. 8 innovative STEM programmes are available for S1 to S6 and are delivered via 11 regional HUBs. EDT are already working in partnership with several Authorities.
Attached is the full programme of activities which run from a class industry visit ( Open Industry), a ten week (Go4SET) and six months ( EES), teams stem challenges, to a fully paid, one years, pre university work placement (The Year in Industry)
- All stem programmes are accredited through CREST (creativity in science and technology) Bronze, Silver, Gold. or the CMI.
- All programmes are industry linked with local company participation, for early industry / school contact.
- Every team’s teacher gains CPD, as well as visiting local industry with teams, and gaining industry awareness.
- There is no fee to any school, team or individual student, who participates in an EDT stem activity.
- EDT Stem activities have been created with the Curriculum for Excellence in mind.