NHS Lothian, in collaboration with youthwork charity Fast Forward, would like to offer all primary schools in Edinburgh, East Lothian or Midlothian a completely free workshop for their pupils on second hand smoke, tobacco and health.
NHS Lothian and Fast Forward have developed a highly successful ‘Smoke Free Homes’ project which gives primary schools the opportunity to address second hand smoke in line with many of the Curriculum for Excellence’s E’s and O’s. The project also supports accreditation towards the Rights Respecting Schools Award. Over 60 primary schools have so far completed the project. Participation and workshops are free and the project can be tailored to the needs of individual primary schools. In addition, many schools have received positive media interest as a result of the project.
We also offer:
• information about how the project links to CfE E’s and Os
• trained staff delivering a workshop on second hand smoke to pupils
• links to further information about second hand smoke for teachers to use
• publicity materials for parents
• a framed certificate for your school
• opportunities to attend training and networking events on tobacco issues
NHS Lothian and Fast Forward would be delighted to work with your school during the 2014/15 session. If you are interested in taking part or would like more information, please contact Chris Read at Fast Forward 0131 554 4300 firstname.lastname@example.org.