A new Numeracy Academy website has been developed to support staff using SEAL (Stages of Early Arithmetical Learning) to teach numeracy.
The website contains videos and materials, including flipcharts, to support the approach.
The link for the site is: http://numeracyacademy.edubuzz.org
Easy as 123: Making numeracy and maths count in Scotland
Please see attached link for the Children in Scotland National Conference on raising attainment through numeracy. The conference is taking place on 16th January 2014 in Glasgow. Confirmed speakers are:
• Michael Steer, Deputy Headteacher, Thornhill Community Academy – Channel 4’s ‘Educating Yorkshire’
• Dr Alasdair Allan, Minister for Learning, Science and Scotland’s Languages
• Keir Bloomer, Education Consultant and former head of the School Reform Commission
• Norman Emerson, SSLN lead, Education Scotland
• Rob Eastaway, Author and ambassador for maths
• Maulfry Worthington Researcher and Writer, Children’s Mathematical Graphics, VU University Amsterdam
Dianne Mackenzie from Windygoul Primary will also be leading a workshop along with Midlothian on the SEAL approach to numeracy.
To book or for more information, please go to: http://www.childreninscotland.org.uk/html/tra_tshow.php?ref=1851
Inspired by the Six Nations rugby, schools and students in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are invited to participate in the exciting, online, Four Nations Maths Challenge. Who will be the Top Student, Class and School in each country?
Registration open soon.
Phone: 0117 370 1992