Area Partnerships – the local voice of community planning in East Lothian
Please follow the link for the latest news from Support from the Start
Jodie Lavin – Queen’s Baton Bearer visits Whitecraig on PhotoPeach
On Friday 27th June, Jodie came back to Whitecraig to tell us about her experience as a Baton Bearer and to thank us for helping nominate her. Jodie also brought her two Paralympic medals which she won playing Boccia – individual silver and team gold.
First Step is a community project for families with young children which is based in the Musselburgh East housing estate at 37 Galt Ave, Musselburgh EH21 8HU. Lots of activities and events take place at First Step and if you want to take part or get more information, please phone 0131 665 0848.
- Wednesday 20th November 9.30am-11.00am Together Time (a chance to play with your child in ‘Wee Bears’)
- Wednesday 27th November 9.30am-11.00am Together Time
- Tuesday 3rd December 9.30am-11.00am Christmas Crafts session (full)
- Tuesday 10th December 9.30am-11.00am Christmas Crafts session (full)
- Tuesdays 9.30am-11.00am Me-Time (finishes 26/11/13 – full) A great group experimenting with various activities.
- Wednesdays 10.00am-11.30am Grandparents group – these ladies are up to very exciting activities.
- Thursdays 12.00am-1.30pm Yummy Mummies – a welcoming group for younger mums to meet new people and share experiences.
- Fridays 9.30am-11.30am Coffee Morning (everyone welcome) A drop in group for everyone to come along, have a cofffee and a chat and meet new people. A great atmosphere and very welcoming.
We are taking names to create and develop a Mums and Beyond group – this group is for ‘mums to be’ and ‘mums with wee babies’ to create a safe space to share experiences and support each other.
We are also taking names to restore and/or redesign a First Step mosaic we have had in storage for a wee whilie – an arts and crafts group.
To all the children at Whitecraig Primary School,
I hope you are all enjoying the holidays despite all the rain! I wanted to say a big thank you for the kindle you gave me as a leaving gift. I have just come back from a holiday in the Lake District and I have read two books, it is great! Sam and Maisie, my nephew and niece also like it and have down loaded quite a few children’s stories for bedtime.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays and I look forward to hearing all your news soon.
Miss Taylor 🙂