I hope that you are all enjoying the snow and having lots of fun. Here are a few activities to do, bring the results with you when we are all back in together and we will have a show and share.
Choose 1 or 2 activities to complete:
- Build a snowman and take measurements of him- height, width, nose length.
Draw a picture of him and label the diagram with the measurements.
- Throw some snowballs. Measure the distance that they go. Record your results and bring them into class. Who threw the furthest snowball?
- Design and make a paper snowflake. Decorate it and we can display it in class.
- Create a snowy day picture to share with us.
- Write a snowy story – remember to use exciting adjectives. You can read it to the class.
- Fill a clear container with 50 cm of snow and let it melt. Is the statement “50cm of snow will make 2.5cm of water” true or false. Draw a picture of your experiment and write a short explanation of your results.
Have fun and keep warm,