I really hope you are all staying safe and warm in this snowy weather. Please find below a few suggested activities for you to choose from to keep yourselves busy today. I would love to see some pictures of you doing some of these, so please feel free to send any you have on Dojo. We can look at them when we are back!
Stay safe everyone, I’m looking forward to hearing all about your snowy adventures soon!
P1/2 Snowy Day Activities
· Build a family of snowmen of different heights, try to build them in order from tallest to shortest.
· Make a snow animal.
· Make some 3D shapes out of snow – we have learned lots about these in class!
· Write a snowy day story, this might be about your snowman family or about an adventure that you have been on in the snow!
· Draw a snowy day picture of you in the snow. What are you wearing, could you label your drawing?
· Make some paper snowflakes.
· Today is World Book Day, could you draw a picture of the character that you were going to dress up as and share a story or two with someone at home?
· Put some food out for the birds and watch them coming to eat it up! They will be very hungry in this weather.
· Make different patterns and marks in the snow – what different things could you use to make these? Sticks, stones etc.
· Help an adult to clear the paths outside your house.
· Go on Topmarks website and choose some maths games to play – see the link to one that we enjoy in class. There are lots of others to choose from too!
· Practise your overarm throwing with some snowballs – how far can you throw yours compared to someone else?
Have fun everyone!