East Lothian Council’s Arts Service is proud to present East Lothian’s Youth Music Initiative (YMI). A dedicated Arts Service team manages the YMI in East Lothian, funded by Scottish Government through Creative Scotland.
Now in it’s 18th year, East Lothian YMI collaborates with professional artists / musicians and partnership organisations, to provide a diverse programme of high quality and accessible musical experiences for children. In addition we offer training for teachers and practitioners to ensure the sustainability of music-making in schools and community. We promote equal opportunity of access for all pupils to participate in high quality music-making as well special opportunities for target groups.
- Create access to high quality music making opportunities for young people aged 2 – 16 yrs, particularly for priority groups or wider groups of children and young people identified as being adversely affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
- Enable young people to achieve their potential in or through music making.
- Support East Lothian Council’s increased focus on health and wellbeing.
- Offer innovative approaches to the use of digital technology.
- Support the development of the Formula Funded YMI practitioners for the benefit of young people.
YMI Music projects are offered to schools at no cost, and can be extended in length where schools are able to contribute further funding.
Youth Music initiative works closely with the current priorities for the National Improvement Framework for Scottish Education. To find out how music-making contributes to these goals click HERE.
Covid 19 Information
We have currently adjusted our programme due to Covid 19 Pandemic. Please see our YMI risk assessment and 20 – 21 plans and programme HERE
For more information on YMI East Lothian, contact:
YMI Community Arts Worker, Charlotte McMillan on 0131 653 5252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org